Armstrong Siddeley Cheetah

}

The Engine On Display

The Museum possess three Cheetah radials, all Mark IX. One is displayed in cut-away form, to reveal its inner structure. Another is believed to have come from Avro Anson VH-BEM which was operated by Bob Couper at Cunderdin.

It was donated the the Museum by the late Alan Mather of Kellerberrin.

Type / History

Type 14-cylinder twin-row air-cooled radial engine
Manufacturer Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Introduced 1935
Primary users USAF
Number built over 50,000

 

Cubic capacity: 834 cu.in (13.65 L)
Maximum power: 345 HP (257 kW)
Weight: 637 lb (289 kg)