RAAFA is a member-based organisation bringing together people with common interests.
Founded in 1929 by members, supporting veterans and service members of the Australian Defence Force, particularly the Air Force and their families. Today, our memberships and services are open to everyone.
Become a valued member of our active community making a difference. Whatever your reason for joining, RAAFA has a place for you, and we would love to welcome you into our community.
Ordinary Member - $66 annual fee
Includes voting rights and a range of benefits
Associate Member - $44 annual fee
Fee exempt for RAAFA residents, employees and volunteers
Junior Member - $20 annual fee
Available only to people 8 to 17 years of age
Corporate Member - $1,100 annual fee
Available to a business operating within Australia
Service Member - Fee exempt
Available only to people currently serving in the ADF
There are many branches of RAAFA available for members to join that provide social opportunities and events, with some specially designed for like-minded ex-service members.
Our Branches include:
- Airfield Construction Squadrons Branch
- Australian Air Force Cadets Branch
- Aviation Museum Branch
- WRAAF Branch
- RAAF Vietnam Veterans
Each of the estates has an Estate Residents Branch that organizes social functions and activities and Bowling Clubs operate at our Bull Creek, Meadow Springs and Merriwa Estates.
Please contact the State Secretary for further details and Branch contact information.
Licenced RAAFA Clubs are located at:
- Air Force Memorial Estate
- Cambrai Village
- Merriwa Estate
- Meadow Springs Estate
They are open to all members and provide a meeting place with bar facilities, reasonably priced meals, function rooms and social activities. Opening hours and function details can be found in the Air Mail or by contacting the relevant Club.
Function rooms are available for hire for special events, birthdays and weddings at each club.
Short Stay Accommodation
Short Stay Accommodation units are available on three of our estates and are available for members, their families and close friends. They are an ideal accommodation choice when visiting people who live on our estates or care centres.
Air Force Memorial Estate at Bull Creek
- 5 modern studio apartments
- Comfortable accommodation with twin beds, balcony, limited kitchen facilities include bar fridge, tea and coffee facilities, microwave and toaster.
- Rates $125 per night (weekdays), $135 per night (weekends & public holidays)
- For reservations at Bull Creek call 9311 4488
RAAFA Estate Merriwa
- 4 studio units
- Comfortable accommodation, 2 units with double beds, 2 units with twin beds. Limited kitchen facilities include fridge/freezer, tea and coffee facilities, microwave and toaster.
- Rates $75 per night, with addition $35 per night for trundle pull out bed.
- For reservations at Merriwa call 9400 3460 or firstname.lastname@example.org
RAAFA Estate Meadow Springs
- 4 studio units
- Comfortable accommodation with queen size beds, lounge, limited kitchen facilties include fridge/freezer, tea an dcoffee facilities, microwave and toaster.
- 1 unit offers comfortable disabled access accommodation with king single bed with option of double foldout bed
- Rates $115 per night (weekdays), $125 per night (weekends & public holidays). Single night cleaning fee $20.
- Discounted rates for 2 nights or more. $105 per night (weekdays), $115 per night (weekends & public holidays).
- $50 bond per booking.
- For reservations at Meadow Springs call 9582 5375 or email@example.com